You can learn how to mine Ethereum Classic on Mac in the guide. Keep reading to learn about the requirements, pros & cons and how to start the mining process.
Here are simple steps to mine Ethereum Classic on Mac:
- Create a MinerGate account.
- Download the Mac version of the software and install it.
- Launch Minergate and, in the “Smart Miner” tab, select Ethereum Classic.
- Click on “Start Mining”.
- Set up a wallet for Ethereum Classic.
- Install an app to check the CPU temperature.
- Select how hard you want your computer to work
- Try using the smart miner feature.
To be clear, mining cryptocurrencies with a Mac machine is not the best idea. If your goal is to make a good amount of profit, you should look for an alternative option. Using a Linux or Windows computer, for instance, with a multiple GPU mining setup.
The mining difficulty is too high for them to turn a profit, and more often than not, your electricity costs will be higher than the expected rewards.
Let’s start by installing Minergate since we’re assuming you’re here to do some light-duty hobby mining.
The most popular mining equipment for a Mac is called MinerGate. MinerGate guides you through the process of mining Ethereum Classic and even sets you up with an Ethereum Classic wallet. By switching between various cryptocurrencies, MinerGate enables you to determine which ones are more profitable. Visit minergate.com and simply download the software for nothing.
So let’s get started:
- Visit Minergate.
- Install the software after downloading the Mac version.
- Launch Minergate and, in the “Smart Miner” tab, select Ethereum Classic
- Click on “Start Mining”. Just that easy, really!
Check out this video for more thorough instructions on how to do this
When you want to withdraw your mined coins, go in the “Wallet” tab, enter your You can withdraw money to any wallet by entering your Ethereum Classic wallet address.
After MinerGate is installed, you must make a Ethereum Classic wallet so that your Ethereum Classic can be transferred there. You’ll be able to select the currency you want to mine as well. You can withdraw any amount of Ether from your wallet and mine Ethereum Classic on your Mac, just like you can with a regular bank account.
Mining in general makes your computer work harder than usual. Your computer’s battery and other components may quickly become damaged if you mine Ethereum Classic on a Mac because of the extreme heat. Downloading a CPU temperature monitor will help you keep track of how hard your computer is working and when to take a break from mining. Furthermore, closing any open downloads or other tabs is beneficial.
You can choose the number of cores you want to use when mining Ethereum Classic on your Mac, indicating how hard you want your computer to work. Keep in mind that the more you mine and receive in Ether, the harder your computer will work. But doing so has a price: if you don’t keep an eye on the temperature, it might eventually slow down your computer and even fry the board.
MinerGate has a feature called smart miner which guides you through the process. Despite the fact that you won’t be able to mine some currencies, such as Bitcoin, Smart Miner displays every coin you can mine. Additionally, Smart Miner can display the hash rates at which your computer is mining as well as your hardware’s quality and capacity for mining.
How to Increase ETH Mining Profit on Your Mac?
If you want to mine Ethereum Classic on your Mac, use a desktop. Even more recent MacBook Pro models will fall short of a desktop computer with a graphics card in terms of capabilities. You must continue using your computer to mine continuously if you want to earn money from it. By continuously mining on your laptop, you risk overheating it and damaging your CPU and graphics card.
Here are other attentions your need to pay when increasing Ethereum Classic mining profit on Mac
- You require a powerful GPU because mining coins uses both the CPU and GPU of your computer. If you have a strong GPU, it will take the pressure and heat off your CPU, making mining more efficient and healthy for your computer. GPUs are able to handle more mathematical work than CPUs because they operate more quickly and have more ALUs.
- There are simple alternatives to mining Ethereum Classic on your Mac, such as joining a mining pool. When several miners work together to create a single block, the reward is divided equally among them. This process is known as pooled mining. The only drawback of mining pools is the potential for cheating, but there are measures you can take to prevent it. “Slush’s pools” uses a scoring method in which older shares bear less weight than newer ones, reducing the motivation to cheat.
- After you have enough Ether mined, you can use Binance or Coinbase to sell it for cash or other currencies. These websites provide a risk-free exchange that deposits funds directly into your Ethereum Classic wallet. You can buy and sell additional coins through Binance or Coinbase in addition to trading your own for other currencies.
Conclusion: Mining ETH on Mac is Not a Good Choice
To be clear, mining Ethereum Classic with a Mac machine is not the best idea. In essence, mining entails overclocking your computer to the limit and making it a remote slave. This will significantly reduce your computer’s lifespan. Although Macbook Pros are not inexpensive computers, they are excellent for many uses other than cryptocurrency mining.
You should look for an alternative strategy if your objective is to make a sizable profit.
Can You Mine Ethereum Classic on a Laptop?
Please avoid mining on your laptop; there are better ways to do it. If you want to use just one GPU to obtain some passive benefits, you can construct a desktop computer with sufficient cooling. Alternatively, if you want to mine Ethereum Classic or Bitcoin, you can set up a suitable mining rig or purchase an ASIC miner.
Related: Can You Mine Bitcoin on Chromebook
Can You Mine Ethereum Classic on Your iPhone?
Apple has updated its developer guidelines to outlaw cryptocurrencies “mining” on iOS devices. The new regulations prohibit apps that use up battery power, create a lot of heat, or demand too much of a device’s resources—all of which are involved in bitcoin mining.
Read More: How To Mine Bitcoin On IPhone
Can I Mine ETC on My Imac?
Assuming you are here for hobby mining, there are a couple of methods to mine Ethereum on a Mac. The more popular option is to use a Windows operating system (OS) or a tailored Linux-based Ethereum OS like ethOS, though it is possible to mine professionally from a Mac.
Can You Mine on Apple?
In particular, Apple no longer allows cryptocurrency mining on iPhones and iPads unless it takes place off-device (that is, in the cloud). Additionally, it is now forbidden for apps to use a portion of the processing power of the devices to mine in the background.
Can I Mine Ethereum Classic on My Phone?
Despite the fact that there may be many reasons to avoid it, it is possible to mine ether using an android device. Additionally, mining cryptocurrency on a mobile device is not at all similar to mining with conventional hardware or software.