Discover the websites where you can buy Bitcoin with an eBay gift card and learn how to do so instantly in 2023 to make full use of your eBay Gift card and save money.
The most well-known exchanges, like Coinbase and Binance, do not provide any way for users to invest in digital assets using eBay Gift Cards or other gift cards.
A peer-to-peer exchange like Paxful is the only place where you can purchase cryptocurrency and bitcoin using an eBay gift card. You can start safely in a matter of minutes by following our comprehensive guide.
What is An eBay Gift Card?
Any item on Ebay.com may be purchased with an eBay Gift Card, which can be obtained physically or electronically. Cards come in $25, $50, $100, and $250 denominations. Digital cards can only be redeemed online, while physical cards can be used both online and in-store.
An eBay Gift Card can be used to buy as many items as you like, but money cannot be taken out of the card or used to buy more gift cards. After 10 years from the purchase date, cards expire.
Simply add items to your cart and continue to checkout to use an eBay Gift Card. On the payment page, select “Gift Card” as your payment method and enter the 16-digit code found on the back of the card (or in the email for digital cards). You can proceed with checkout using another method of payment for any outstanding balance after the value of the gift card has been deducted from the total of your order.
Websites Support Converting eBay Gift Cards to Bitcoin
Find a trustworthy exchange or marketplace that permits you to do so if you want to purchase bitcoin using your eBay Gift Card. Here are some websites where you can use an eBay gift card to purchase bitcoin.
- Paxful: It is a person-to-person marketplace that supports over 300 payment methods. Vendors can create offers on Paxful in all currencies.
- LocalBitcoins: It is a person-to-person bitcoin trading platform that focuses on bringing buyers and sellers together. Vendors have the option to create offers in any currency thanks to LocalBitcoins.
- CoinCola: One of the quickest, safest, and most trustworthy methods to convert your eBay Gift Card to Bitcoin is CoinCola. The spot/margin trading, P2P trading, and gift card trading services are all offered at low costs on CoinCola, a global cryptocurrency trading marketplace and exchange.
- Prestmit: It offers the option to exchange unused gift cards for bitcoins. Any gift card can be sold, including those from iTunes, Steam, GooglePlay, American Express, Vanilla, Target, Best Buy, Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Netflix, Colorpop, Walmart, eBay, Footlocker, Playstation, and a number of other stores.
How to Buy Crypto With eBay Gift Card on Paxful
Finding a trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange that takes eBay gift cards is the first thing you’ll need to do. It’s crucial to find an exchange that does because not all do. You’ll have to register for an account and provide identification proof once you’ve found a reliable exchange.
We suggest Paxful because it is one of the few marketplaces that allow users to purchase Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using eBay Gift Cards. Your connection to a seller who accepts Ebay Cards as payment will be made through their P2P exchange platform.
To get started, follow this guide:
- Sign up for a Paxful account – To receive a free Bitcoin wallet with two-factor authentication, create and verify an account. It only takes a few minutes to create an account. A working phone, email, and ID are all you need to get started.
- Find a vendor – Click Buy from the main menu and select Buy Bitcoin. To find regional and international sellers who meet your needs, enter the desired spending amount, your preferred currency, and your preferred payment method in the sidebar widget.
We recommend filtering for all the User Types (such as associate, ambassador, etc.) to show the most trustworthy vendors who have undergone an additional layer of security checks from Paxful.
- Read the requirements – Click on the Buy button to view the vendor’s terms. A screenshot of the money in your online wallet, a picture of your bank deposit slip, or a copy of the gift card you bought may also be requested by sellers, depending on the payment method. For added security, some merchants might also ask you to send a selfie with a legitimate ID.
- Start the trade – If you can comply with the seller’s terms, set the amount of Bitcoin you want to buy in the widget then click Buy now to start the trade. This will start a live chat with the seller where you can ask questions and get more guidance on how to complete the trade. Don’t communicate with anyone outside of Paxful; the live chat records all conversations and will keep you safe if you have any issues.
- Send payment and receive your BTC – Once all requirements have been fulfilled and the vendor gives the go signal, transfer the payment and click Paid immediately. Because the vendor’s BTC is currently in escrow, your trade partner cannot accept your payment and keep the cryptocurrency from being released. The Bitcoin will be released from escrow and transferred to your Paxful Wallet as soon as the seller accepts your payment.
Read More: How to Buy Bitcoin With Green Dot MoneyPak
Is Buying Crypto With eBay Gift Card Safe?
Unless you use a P2P exchange like Paxful or Local Bitcoins, purchasing Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with an eBay Gift Card is not a very safe option. This is due to the fact that eBay Gift Cards are not redeemable, so if you try to exchange their value for Bitcoin with a stranger, they may con you without any repercussions.
Peer-to-peer services like Paxful or Local Bitcoins, which escrow your information and the Bitcoin from the seller, are useful for eBay cards. This indicates that neither party will receive payment until the other has performed their obligations under the terms of the swap.
Conclusion: Buy Bitcoin With eBay Gift Card
You can use some of the cryptocurrency exchanges mentioned above to purchase Bitcoin with an eBay gift card and by following the detailed steps above, you can purchase Bitcoin successfully.
Can I Use Binance Gift Card to Buy Bitcoin?
Binance Gift Card allows you to send and receive cryptocurrency in a fast, simple and customizable way at zero fees to both Users of Binance and third parties. The cryptocurrency will be fully credited to the recipient’s Binance funding wallet once the gift card code has been redeemed by the recipient.
What Gift Cards Does Coinbase Accept?
Visa and MasterCard debit cards can be used to buy on Coinbase. They are unable to support prepaid cards or other cards without an associated billing address.
Can I Use Mastercard Gift Card to Buy Bitcoin?
Yes, you can Buy Bitcoin (BTC) with MasterCard Gift Card. There are many exchanges that support the option, including Coinbase, Paxful.